Hello there FIRE enthusiast!
Your FIRE journey starts here.
This is the page for somebody who is brand new to my blog and the concept of FIRE! Since this site is growing constantly, the content on the site may be hard to digest if you’re diving in fresh. This is why I’ve created this page to compile a list of content that’s organised in a way that is easier to read in order!
So if you’re new to FIRE but the concept of Financial Independence intrigues you, but don’t know where to start – don’t fret! Start with the posts below to familiarise yourself with all the concepts to help you begin your very own journey towards Financial Independence.
Feel free to jump to the posts that interest you most!
- What is FIRE and why should I care about Financial Independence?
- How much will I need to become financially independent?
- The number seems so high, will I ever get there? Let’s take a look at the bare minimum number and how that would take.
- How should I invest?
- Hmm passive investing huh… why is this the better option? How does it work?
That’s all you’ll need to get started! There are more specific posts on different topics below if you’re looking at deep dives or just go back to the home page to browse the other posts!
More and more content should be added here as I continue to post more articles so stay tuned! 😁
- Robo Advisors: My thoughts around Robo Advisors vs doing it ourselves.
- Car: Don’t buy a car unless you’re getting a lot of value out of it.
- House: Is it better to rent or buy a house in Singapore?
- Handling CPF: Check out my “CPF on FIRE” series.
- Life Insurance: How I thought about Term Life vs Whole Life (and why I canceled my Whole Life policy.)
- Early Critical Illness Insurance: Why I bought one.
- Taxes: Using SRS to legally dodge income tax.
So looking through all of the above topics, you may be wondering:
“So FIRE-Path Lion, all this is nice and all, but I’m interested in knowing how your advice is working out for you. Does all of this stuff actually work?”
Glad you ask, if you’re curious about how my personal investments are doing, here are some posts you can check out:
- My 2018 Year in Review
- My 2019 Year in Review
- Investing during COVID-19
- Investing during a Crash (COVID-19 Update, 1 Month Later)
- Crash Canceled? (COVID-19 Update, 3 Months Later)
I try to be as transparent as possible about how I’m investing and how well it’s doing. I hope that gives you a good look into how a person could execute the concepts covered here in real life and how it’s been doing so far.
During my time of being on this FIRE journey I’ve also come across a lot of blogs and content that shaped my thought process. Here are some highly recommended blogs and content that you should check out:
- Mad Fientist’s First Year of Freedom Post to get a taste of what it’s like to be FIRE’d and get inspired to start on the journey.
- Mr Money Mustache’s Shockingly Simple Math Behind Early Retirement to get a colourful take on the 4% rule from the grandfather of the FIRE movement.
- JL Collins NH’s Stock Series to help you get over the anxiety of investing in the stock market.
- Early Retirement Now’s Safe Withdrawal Rate Series, slightly U.S. centric but a lot of the content applies generally as well. Best blog to read for extremely data-centric people.
- My other recommended resources for you to dive into.
I hope that all of this content gets you FIRE’d up and inspired to start and continue on your very own journey!
Let’s go get this thing together!